Saturday, 7 February 2015

Our Lives

Hello,

I am a little in over my head. I don't mean by that I am having trouble juggling. I like the juggle, but I am juggling non-stop.

Baby girl still will not sleep. She is so not as mellow about her brother- with all things. She is super spoiled by all these people around her that think she is just delicious, and she loves being carried around. If she is on her play mat and knows we have all left the room she starts to fuss. Two children have never been more different, but I am so in love with her too! She just is the most smiley and giggly baby ever. She looks like a little doll, and I love burying my face in her neck and belly and giving kisses just to hear her giggle. A sweeter sound has never been heard. 

I have been so unsuccessful with sleep training this time around. It may be my hesitance to wake up baby brother next door, or that you just want to cuddle your last baby that much longer, or maybe its just that she is just so sweet! It is insane how much she is waking up at night, and we have resorted to just feeding her or the giving her the pacifier. I am back at school this semester for two classes (corporations and taxation) and I am so tired. Even though it is only Monday and Wednesday, and I am LOVING being back, it is a lot. 

I am also a new Junior League member, and the new member project was so busy. I am glad I did it in my off time. Totally worth it for the feel good that came with it though! I even got my name in the paper! I am also still volunteering at the legal low income clinic in my city along with various other old organizations I continue to be involved with.

Been attending some legal conferences and meeting some interesting people at the bar. That is way more fun 'networking' than the ass-kissing that goes on at things like wine & cheeses' and career days. I am starting to feel hopeful about this working mom thing after some of the incredible women I have met. I still have no idea what I want. All the firms sell themselves so well, and then everyone else tells you something bad about them. I have also been told that being a mom no larger firm will look at me because they are 'douche bags' by a recent graduate I saw recently. I have anxiety about articles and life and grades and oh my god the world is ending!! And then I take a deep breath and figure it will be okay. End of the day I will be a very educated mommy who does great volunteer work, although I doubt it will come to that. 

Did I mention I absolutely love life right now. My two babies, my amazing hubby (who still randomly surprises me all the time & loves me unconditionally - hello diamond studs!), and my friends at school are all so fulfilling! Baby girl will be six months soon, and hopefully I will crack a book eventually. I am headed to London, England on the 17th to meet up with my sister and family for her Muslim ceremony there. The whole white dress-reception deal is happening here in August, but they are getting the religious stuff done there where he is from. Somewhat unconventional, but his mother is thrilled. I am excited to see all my family in London, but shit I need to crack open a book. Its giving me anxiety. 

I have been meaning to write a post forever, but I have so many other things going on right now. The thought about this blog languishing without my love makes me sad regularly. I thought about de-activiating it, but it is such a special part of me and as much for me to look back on as for other to read. I will make a concerted effort to catch up.

I promise. 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful items from you, man. I have understand your stuff prior to and you are re just extremely fantastic. I really like what you have got here, certainly like what you are stating and the way during which you are saying it. You are making it enjoyable and you continue to care for to stay it sensible. I can’t wait to learn far more from you. This is actually a wonderful website.
    wish to get a visit for Experimental Development for tax and business solution

    ReplyDelete